LIFE RAFTSSales and Service in Portland, Maine
Providing and Servicing Life Rafts in the Gulf of Maine
Having a life raft on board that fits you and your crew’s needs while onboard a boat is important in the case of a capsized vessel. Choosing an appropriate life raft can seem overwhelming due to the many options and variations in products available on the market.
A few things to consider when choosing a life raft:
- How many people do you typically travel with on your boat?
- Are you boating near shore or offshore?
- What is the typical water temperature of where you will be?
Common Life Raft Sizes:
- 1-2 Person
- 4 Person
- 6 Person
- 8 Person
Make sure to know the service schedule for the raft you choose. This is an important thing that a lot of people forgo and unfortunately wrongfully think, “I will never have to use it.” Life Rafts need to be serviced after their warranty date noted by the manufacturer and different rafts have different service schedules depending on the materials and features.
Online Shop Coming Soon!
Life Raft Service Requests
PICK UP & DELIVERY AVAILABLE FOR LIFE RAFT SERVICING! CONTACT US TO INQUIRE
A functioning life raft is one of the least used pieces of survival equipment, and somehow one of the most important.
Yearly servicing of life rafts is crucial to ensuring they function properly in the face of an emergency. To keep your crew as safe as possible- and meet US Coast Guard Mandatory regulations, it is important to make sure your life raft is inspected, tested, and serviced by a trustworthy and certified facility. At Chase Leavitt, we have over 100 years of experience in the Marine Industry and all of our technicians are certified and maintain routine training to ensure only experts are servicing your life rafts. We are a U.S. Coast Guard certified marine servicing facility, maintain approvals from an extensive list of life raft manufacturers, and invest in ongoing training for our technicians. These combined allow us to back our commitment to your safety with extreme confidence. We take pride in being thorough in every step of inspecting and servicing your equipment.
Service schedules and costs vary across different manufactures and rafts. We will help educate you on your equipment and provide reminders for all of our clients to ensure timely completion of inspections and service. Whether you are looking for a new life raft, or are in the market for a new facility to have yours serviced, give us a call or email and we will answer any questions and add you to our schedule!
Your safety is our number one priority.
Common complications & malfunctions due to not servicing your life raft-
– Over time life raft fabrics might deteriorate or become damaged which can lead to slow leaks.
– Seam tape may open causing a leak
– CO2 cylinders may lose charge over time and can sometimes lose charge completely
– Damaged or expired equipment must be repaired or replaced.
– Corrosion of Inflation system inlet valves or hoses may occur.
– Manufacturers often notify us of recalls or certain actions that must be taken at the next service of life rafts.
Periodically do the following to ensure safety & prepare for your life raft to be serviced-
– Be sure to check the hydrostatic release (if applicable) is in date and installed correctly if your life raft is in a canister.
– Periodically check lashing to ensure function and safety
– Check hardware
– Always make sure the raft is tight and secured in the cradle.
Servicing Eastport ~ Bar Harbor ~ Searsport ~ Bucksport ~ Rockland ~ Boothbay Harbor ~ Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Request a Product.
M-F: 8am - 5pm Portland, ME
M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm Ellsworth, ME